The Japan Pulp & Paper Group (the “group), regards integrity, fairness, and harmony as Our Corporate Spirit, which embodies the values we most cherish, and regards carving a better future for society and the environment as Our Mission. Based on these and by implementing Our Principles, “Change,” “Challenge,” and “Create,” we will work to solve social problems and contribute to building sustainable societies.
We believe that two-way dialogue with our stakeholders is important to us to understand the expectations and demands that society has of the group. Accordingly, we will continue to work to make timely and appropriate disclosure of information and to engage in proactive communication.
|Type of stakeholder||Description of communication||Main communication activities and methods|
|All stakeholders||We engage in accurate information disclosure and active dialogue to help us accurately understand the expectations and demands of society and allow us to build relationships of trust.
We provide and collect information relating to sustainability, including environmental protection and respect for human rights.
|1. PR activities including information made available via our website
2. Response to inquiries submitted via our website
3. Annual report
4. Exhibitions, trade shows and events
5. Promotional and advertising activities
|Executives and Employees||We work to ensure that all group Employees and Executives are fully aware of our corporate philosophy and to ensure understanding of the management policy through messages from the president.
We carry out dialogue to build an environment where executives and employees with diverse values can work comfortably and make the most of their abilities.
7. Issuing of the group magazine (four times a year)
8. Issuing compliance letters
9. HR appraisal/self-evaluation system
10. Dialogue sessions between management and employees
11. Training and seminars
12. Internal and external consultation desks
13. “Something New” activities
|Business partners and consumers||We proactively release information and engage in dialogue to help us understand the needs of business partners and consumers and to contribute to solving issues.||14. Communication through our business activities
15. Dissemination of information through our EC sites
16. Responses to inquiries via EC sites
17. Certification and registration for CSR procurement
|Shareholders and investors||We work to provide timely and accurate information, to improve management transparency and deepen understanding of the group’s business, with the aim of achieving continued growth, increasing corporate value, and gaining a fair evaluation from investors.||18. General meetings of shareholders
19. Financial results briefings for analysts and institutional investors (twice a year)
20. Meetings with analysts and institutional investors (as necessary)
21. Securities report
22. Financial report
23. Timely disclosures to Tokyo Stock Exchange
24. Responses to surveys by ESG rating agencies
|Local communities||We aim to give back to the local communities in which our business facilities are located through our activities as a “good corporate citizen,” and to achieve harmonious coexistence through collaboration with local governments.||25. Organizing exchange events with local community residents at our business facilities
26. Signing agreements with local governments on disaster prevention cooperation and support for disaster prevention and mitigation
27. Social contributions and volunteer activities
|NPOs and NGOs||Through dialogue with NPOs and NGOs, we work to gain an understanding of the responses to social and environmental issues expected of our group, and ensure these are reflected in our business activities.||28. Collaborations with NPOs and NGOs through our business
29. Sponsorship and participation in events, etc.
|Government agencies, local governments, and industry associations||In carrying out our business activities, we abide by the laws and regulations of all the countries where we operate, and fulfill our role as a “good corporate citizen”.
We cooperate with local governments in areas where our business facilities are located to contribute to local communities.
|30. Appropriate communications with relevant government authorities and local governments.
31. Activities through industry associations
Established February 8, 2022
Akihiko Watanabe, President
Japan Pulp & Paper Co., Ltd.
Effective April 1, 2022