Japan Pulp and Paper Company Limited considers the conservation of the global environment to be an important issue common to all humankind and recognizes it as a fundamental principle in the management of any business. As such, the Company will strive to preserve the global environment and protect its resources while contributing to the Earth’s prosperity and the creation of a comfortable society in which to live.
In its pursuit of the preservation of the global environment and protection of the Earth’s resources, Japan Pulp and Paper Company Limited will establish the following action guidelines and continue to promote environmentally considerate activities.
- 1. JP will comply with environmental laws and restrictions and with agreements made with business partners, industry, local communities and other stakeholders.
- 2. JP will take appropriate responsibility for any effects its business activities have on the environment; and shall establish environmental objectives and goals via its environmental management systems and conduct reviews thereof on a regular basis; and seek continuous improvement and prevention of environmental pollution.
- 3. JP shall strive to positively develop its business activities and contribute to society while working to educate and enlighten its management and staff about the environment and improve general awareness of the environment.
4. JP will act to prevent the global warming effects of its business activities as it strives to reduce its burden on the environment by:
- ・ Promoting the development and sale of environmentally-conscious products
- ・ Working towards the effective use and conservation of resources and energy and promoting green procurement
- ・ Endeavoring to reduce waste and realize the recycling of resources
This environmental policy will be made known to the entire management and staff at JP and to those people working for the Company and shall also be announced publically outside the Company.
- July 1, 2010
- Kenzo Noguchi
- Management Policy